Tuesday, April 24, 2012

crowd pleaser

For some reason I always thought that Bruschetta was a really time consuming and difficult appetizer to make.  I have no idea why I thought this, maybe because it's delish, ergo it must be tricksy to make right?

False.

It's so easy, and is pretty much ALWAYS my go-to appetizer when people come over. Hey friends...are you sick of bruschetta yet?  Don't answer that.  No such thing.

Here's how I make it.  You're going to need

- Tomato's, any kind.
- Basil (fresh or dried, but I prefer fresh)
- Olive oil
- Garlic
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Bread
- Cheese (this is OPTIONAL, I usually use parmesan, or fresh mozzarella)

Chop the tomato's into little pieces, and throw them in a big bowl.  Add a clove or two of garlic, either minced, or through a garlic press.  Next, grab a handful of fresh basil, chop, and toss it in.  That's basically it! To finish, I just drizzle a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the top, give a little shake of salt and pepper, and VOILA!  For some reason I have a theory it tastes better after being refrigerated for awhile, this may or may not be true.





To serve, toast some slices of your bread in the oven, (sometimes I add some parmesan cheese to the bread before I toast, so it gets all melty and fancy looking), and enjoy! Pairs well with red wine and friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment