Tuesday, May 8, 2012

scents

The other day a man asked me what cologne I was wearing.  Yes, COLOGNE.  I know the Starbucks uniform is a little ambiguous, but REALLY?!  After I recovered from being asked what man-scent I was wearing, I think I said something along the lines of, "I'm not actually sure what it's called." I was hoping that was enough to satisfy him, but he kept pressuring me.  So then I said, "I really don't know, it's was a gift from my little brother." ...honestly the things that come out of my mouth.

It was not, in fact, a gift from my little brother, and I have NO IDEA why I said that.  To be honest, I really don't know what it's called, but I'm not ashamed to say I got it on sale at Victorias Secret for $2.00. Score!

My aunt has always told me that a lady should have one specific perfume that she always wears.  She says you should pick a scent you love, and make it your own.   I love the idea of this, but in reality, there's way too many yummy smelling perfumes out there for me to make a life-long commitment to only one.  Furthermore, the commitment of actually wearing perfume every day is one that I just can't come to terms with.  There's a time and a place for perfume, and also, there isn't.

For example, I do NOT want to be in the gym, running behind a perfume laden woman.  No.  I also don't want to be in church, stuck in the cross-fire of 200 different scents in a small square footage.  Let's all agree to go to church scentless ladies.  Please.

I don't really know where I'm going with all of this, except to say, cologne is for MEN and perfume is for GIRLS.  And also, if you are ever stopped by a man asking what cologne you are wearing, and you don't want to answer...just say you don't know the name of it, and run away!  

No comments:

Post a Comment